Research Insights 2016/17: Evidence-based best practice
SecEd's Research Insights articles, published in conjunction with the NFER, offer in-depth, evidence based advice, guidance and best practice covering a wide range of areas relevant to secondary school leadership, teaching and education. Download the latest articles from 2016/17 for free here.
The NFER and SecEd Research Insights articles offer a wealth of evidence-based, best practice and advice covering a range of whole-school and classroom issues. The latest article, published in March 2017 looks at what lessons we can learn from the PISA international rankings.Other research topics featured on the Research Insights page recently and included in this free PDF are:
- A look at the government's Apprenticeship reforms – we ask just how ready employers and providers are to deliver.
- Teacher retention – offering insights into the factors that lead to higher teacher retention in a school and why teachers choose to leave the profession.
- Academy conversion – research into whether academy status in itself can raise standards and outcomes in a school.
- What effective school-to-school partnerships and collaborations look like and practical advice for creating and maintaining partnerships.
- The key building blocks to successful Pupil Premium strategies, including the common factors found in successful Pupil Premium schools.
- How schools can inspire key stage 4 students who can’t see the value of going to school or getting good grades – and who risk becoming NEET
- New research into flipped learning identifying what this approach can offer students in terms of more active and personalised learning and improved progress.
All our Research Insights seek to offer crucial, evidence-based advice to teachers and school leaders across a range of issues vital to successful secondary education and teaching. This PDF will be updated as more articles are published in the coming months.Older Research Insights articles can be found on separate PDFs, also free to download and available from the Supplements page on the SecEd website. To date, 30 Research Insights articles have been published through our partnership with the NFER.